Monday 25 January 2016

The 52 Week Challenge: Pendants

At the start of 2012, I felt as though I had been neglecting my beading and wirework a little and, with a challenge in mind - creating a pair of earrings each week throughout 2012 - I headed on over to Facebook to encourage some of my jewellery making friends into joining me in the challenge. During the course of the earring challenge, I learnt a lot (and not just about beading.) I tried new beading stitches, improved my wire-work and worked on my photography.


At the beginning of 2016, I once again felt as though I had been neglecting my jewellery making in favour of paper-crafting (and, um, Netflix) and decided to instigate a new challenge. This time around, I'm focusing on creating a new pendant each week, though some of the other jewellery makers joining me have decided on earrings, bracelets, necklaces and more! (You can see our work in the 52 Week Challenge Album.)

January might be nearly over (what?) but there's still time for anyone who's interested in joining us to stat taking part - and there's no need to 'catch up'. Leave me a comment if you're interested and I'll send you some details! 

1 comment:

  1. so very gorgeous! I would love to learn but really just can't fit something else in! But I love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x